11 January 2011

Well, it's about time...

to update the blog. A whole semester has come and gone and brought with it many new experiences for us. Darren started his assistantship masters program at USM. He got to experience being on the teacher end as he instructed the fingerprinting lab for the undergrads. It is great to get paid to go to school even if it is a little more work. Right before school started we found out I was pregnant, but in less than a week of finding out, I misscarried. It was an emotional roller coaster, but I recognized and was grateful for the peace that came to me with that experience. The next month I found out I was pregnant again! I spent much of the semester feeling nauseated, throwing up, and dreading food yet having to eat to keep from feeling worse. At times it was very depressing and difficult to see past it, but of course it did pass. By Thanksgiving break I was beginning to feel better. Pregnancy is definitely different than I expected; I didn't realize how much it would affect my life. Since my due date is the end of May, I'm going to squeeze in another semester before this baby gets here. This past semester I discovered that I really like history. I took World Civ and liked it so much I even contemplated changing my major to history, but I have decided to continue with the medical technology major. There is just way too much writing for history, I don't think I would like majoring in it. I would much rather take a test than right a paper.
In his spare time, Darren built an electric guitar and is learning how to play.
10 week ultrasound
12 weeks
16 weeks
Sister-in-law had a baby girl while I was visiting my fam in Colorado.
Nate, Sarah, and baby Rylie Grace (born 12/21/10)
20 weeks

2 comments:

  1. Cute little baby bump! You are so tiny! I can't believe you are already that far along. Congrats. Having a baby is the best. Hope the nausea is letting up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Katie! That is so exciting! I hope things go smoothly for you and that you're feeling well!

    ReplyDelete